The imagePROGRAF iPF6400 24.0" Large Format Printer is designed for professionals in the graphic, fine art, photography and proofing markets who seek professional image reproduction with consistent and reliable results. A large color spectrum is produced by the 12-Color LUCIA EX pigment ink set, which also provides improved scratch resistance and smoother gradations. The new Multi-sensor provides improved color density detection and allows for a full calibration to be completed within 15 minutes. A new Color Calibration Management System allows for color calibration targets to be created using the iPF6450 with optional spectrophotometer and shared across all new iPFX400 12-color printers. The included software allows for all printers on the network to be monitored from one central location.
The printer supports ink tank sizes of 130 ml and 300 ml. The sub-ink tank system keeps some ink in reserve so the ink tanks can be changed without interrupting a print job. In highest print mode, the order of ink application and layering is optimized to maintain the highest print quality with fewer passes for faster printing times than previous models.
To expand printing options and capabilities, the iPF6400 printer comes bundled with a Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Digital Photo Professional, and Microsoft Office. The enhanced Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop includes a new Adjustment Pattern Setting which allows for multiples of an image to be printed at once with different color values implemented and displayed. Gallery wraps for canvas prints can now be created using the new Gallery Wrap Feature. To improve versatility, the iPF6400 has a media configuration tool which allows customers to utilize as well as third party media.
LUCIA EX Ink Set
- Canon's LUCIA EX Ink set is designed for dramatic photographic expression and detailed color reproduction for exacting proofing applications. This 12-Color ink set offers a brilliant range of vibrant colors, smooth gradations and transitions, with incredibly fine details. This specially formulated ink also offers better scratch resistance, superb black reproduction and exceptional color stability compared to its predecessor. Combined with the printer's technologies, the LUCIA EX inks have the ability to satisfy the demanding needs of the Photographic, Fine Art, Proofing and Graphics professionals
- The LUCIA EX Ink system excels in reproducing colors in the blue, red, purple, yellow and green spectral ranges, providing an exceptionally large color gamut. Vibrant, rich colors with unsurpassed detail and crisp, clean monotone images make this ink set essential for incredible photo quality output
Color Calibration Management System
- The Color Calibration Management Console is included for the centralized management of networked printers in a system from one easy to use software tool. This enables color calibration targets created using the iPF6450 printer with optional spectrophotometer to be linked across the entire line of new 12-Color imagePROGRAF devices. The printer's administrator can monitor and manage each printer in a remote location. Linking color calibration targets among multiple printers allows color calibration for custom media to be performed on printers not equipped with a Spectrophotometer Unit
- The printer includes an upgraded, built-in color densitometer that's designed to offer even more precise calibration and color matching. Using a three-color LED and a newly developed condenser lens the sensor enables accurate recalibration of the device, allowing users to maintain a low average printer-to-printer color difference. Automatic color calibration is finished quickly after a few simple steps on the printer's operation panel. A single color calibration performed with one type of media can be applied to media in all printing modes
High-Speed Printing with Fewer Passes
- In the highest print mode, the order of ink application and layering is optimized to maintain the highest print quality with fewer passes, making this mode twice as fast as previous models. In high and standard print modes, print density within a single pass of the heads is optimized to reduce unevenness and support fewer passes as well
New Tint & Tone Adjustments
- The new tint and tone controls over the four monochromatic shades allow a user to create even more expressive blacks with smoother gradations - especially in dark areas. Found in both the Printer Driver and Print Plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, the new tone control in the monochrome photo mode includes adjustments for:
- Soft Tone
- Middle Tone
- Medium Hard Tone
- Hard Tone
- Strong Hard Tone
- A tint control has also been added to the Print Plug-in for Photoshop. This new option gives users the ability to affect the white space on an image. By adding monochromatic ink to an image's white space, the user can improve gloss control in a black and white image, allowing them greater control on how their final printed output will appear
Large Ink Tank Capacity
- The iPF6400 supports 130 ml ink tank sizes, and offers an option for large 300 ml ink tanks. Ink tank replacement becomes less frequent and users with higher printing volumes can enjoy greater productivity
Sub Ink Tank System
- An ink tank system designed for uninterrupted printing even during tank replacement that has already been featured on the current 44.0" and 60.0" models, is now available for the first time on a 24.0" 12-Color iPF printer. The iPF6400 keeps some ink in reserve in its sub ink tanks so that even when the tanks themselves run out of ink, printing can continue without interruption and the tanks can be replaced on the fly
Gigabit Ethernet Support
- Fast data transfer will help exceptionally high measures of productivity
Enhanced Print Plug-In for Adobe Photoshop
- This export module allows 16-bit image processing, preserving the expanded color spectrum and high gradation of the file. The Print Plug-in also reduces the possibility of incorrect settings, by providing an integrated interface for print settings in Photoshop and the printer driver, enabling efficient production
- The new Adjustment Pattern Setting feature allows for multiples of an image to be printed with different color settings in order to choose the color that most closely matches what you need
- The following new or enhanced features are provided in the Print Plug-in for Photoshop:
- Adjustment Pattern Setting
- Adobe CMM support
- Proof printing support
- Support for commercial profile creation tools
Gallery Wrap Feature
- This new creative tool can be accessed via Adobe Photoshop and allows users to easily create gallery wrap prints for framing, as well as creative options that will expand output possibilities:
- Crop Marks: These lines are a guide for folding the paper for mounting.
- Edge Lines: The area outside these lines is the area that gets folded around to the back of the canvas (not actually displayed or printed).
- Blue Lines: The area within these lines is the area that appears on the front surface of the canvas when mounted (not actually printed).
- Canvas Thickness: This area becomes the sides of the canvas when mounted
- Amount of Extension: This is the region that is printed protruding excessively in order to prevent white areas appearing on the sides of the canvas
- Choose the effect for the canvas being wrapped on the frame:
- Image: Wraps the image to the canvas sides
- Soft Image: Performs Gaussian filtering on the image on the canvas sides
- Reflection: Reflects the image on the canvas sides
- Soft Reflection: Reflects the image on the canvas sides and performs Gaussian filtering
- White, Black or Color: Makes the canvas sides white, Black or a custom color
Media Configuration Tool
- Recognizing the expanding array of media options for large format printers and to further improve the versatility of these new imagePROGRAF models, has developed a Media Configuration Tool, which allows customers to not only utilize Canon-branded media, but provides the ability to make adjustments to printer settings to enhance the precision and quality of output achieved with third party media
- Settings that can be configured using media parameter adjustment features include:
- Media weight and thickness
- Ink drying
- Automatic cutting settings
- Borderless printing
- Paper feed amount
- Print-head height
- Vacuum strength
- Maximum ink usage
Print Plug-In For Digital Photo Professional
- This export module allow users to directly process and print RAW image files from DPP. This plug-in bypasses the operating system's dependent print driver, allowing processing of 16-bit RGB images directly, which dramatically increases gradations and as a result, overall image quality
- Full screen preview
- More print quality selections
- Categorized paper type view
- Roll paper layout view
- Bi-cubic enlargement
- Tracks how much ink and media is being consumed when printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "Cost of Goods". The user can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the print cost. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel so the data can be used for billing purposes
- Features include:
- Job Cost (ink, Media and variable cost inputted by user)
- Ink Consumed per Job*
- Media Consumed per Job
- Job Completion time
Print Plug-In For Microsoft Office
- This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5" x 11" office document to poster size
- Canon's included PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives users the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. Users simply follow the program's 4 easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as office presentation, trade shows, retail signage, and much, much more. The PosterArtist QuickCopy feature provides an easy solution for a CanoScan desktop scanner to be used as a copier, making letter-size flyers and documents into full-size posters with a touch of a button
- For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist can be purchased. The software includes advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in Weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links users directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and even more free contents for download
Canon iPF6400 (MPN: 5339B002)
We strive to offer the lowest prices on all of our items!
Some advertised prices are limited by the manufacturer.
To request a specialized quote, please contact us.
You might also be interested in..
Arlon DPF 206 - 6-mil Calendered, Matte Removable Fabric Wall Decoration Film. Pebble clear adhesive media
Latest Printing News
X-Rite i1Publish Pro 2 Professional Color Management Workflow
Posted by Thomas Bachand on
For larger professional color managed workflows, the X-Rite i1 Publish Pro 2 (EO2PUB) delivers perfect color consistency across all devices, whether digital or conventional, in multiple locations. With i1Publish Pro 2, you can easily create custom, high quality profiles for cameras, monitors, projectors, scanners, and both RGB and CMYK+ printers. You’ll quickly maximize your profitability and minimize wasted time, ink and paper. It also includes display and printer quality assurance functions. The i1Publish is the perfect solution for photo and graphic studios, advertising and PR agencies, and print and sign shops. Calibration tools are an essential part of any color-critical workflow, whether you are an indenpendent professional working with web or print files, or part of a larger color-critical workflow. As experts in wide-format printing, ImageTech/Bayinkjet technicians understand color managed workflows and offer on-site training and support. For more details on the i1Publish Pro 2: X-Rite i1 Publish Pro Spectrophotometer...
Read more →